Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy, too busy, entirely busy, and insanely busy....

This will be quick because I have a lot of work to do!

The long acting sandostatin has finally kicked in!!! I've decided to go for it again! My next shot is due on Monday. It's so nice to be able to eat without injecting myself 3x/day, or having to eat within a 3 hour timeframe before it wears off. Now I can snack 24/7 and not have symptoms. I still have some occasional issues, but it's very clear that it has definitely started to kick in. I am so excited as this will give me the convenience of being able to eaat on the run and make traveling much easier!

I've almost finished G-PACT's GP brochure. Now I need to do the one for CIP. I took a break from the website for a little while out of frustration and realizing I need to get the brochure files done in time to get them printed for the DDNC. I'm overwhelmed with work, but making good progress. The growth recently has been amazing...our cause on Facebook has grown by over 250 people in the past few weeks, and I just started a petition group which reached 365 members in just 5 days!! I am getting contacted by people all over, all day, and late into the night. It's very cool to see the growth. It's in part due to Julie's death, in part due to my high publicity activity, and also due to the addition of CIP which draws in a whole new population.

Julie's family has requested that memorial donations be sent to G-PACT. I think that is really cool! She continues to contribute in spite of her death, and will continue to contribute in PR as we will share her story with others to indicate the need for better treatment options. She really made an impact and continues to do so. Her sister is now interested in helping us out as well.

Spunky is such a babe...he is always begging for attention. I wish I had more time to give him more attention, but I do play with him every day and talk to him all day. He just seems to get cuter and funnier every day.

Ben and Kyrie share b-days and we celebrated last night. I took tons of pics! True was his typical dramatic self keeping us all entertained! We also celebrated Celeste's b-day because it was on the third.

I've missed my Tuesday night Bible study all this year because I've been sick or busy. I hope to get back into it soon. Next Thursday I go back to Pittsburgh for my annual bone density scan, appointment with bone doc, Reclasp infusion, biopsy, and clinic...all in one day!!! It'll be nuts!!! Usually I go on Monday, but it's president's day and they won't be open. I got that messed up and am glad my coordinator called me about something else and they mentioned that...otherwise I'd be at the hospital at 6:00 am for biopsy on Monday...and if I'm not grouchy enough in the morning...u wouldn't want to be with me the rest of the day after that!! The good news is that since it's on Thursday I will be able to go to Life Group on Sunday night! I have missed Life Group so much lately because I am always too wiped out after church and kidMin, or have been in Pittsburgh, so I'm looking forward to getting back. I had already taken Sunday off because I got my dates mixed up, so I plan to just stay off and then have more resting time in the morning so I will feel more like going.

On a bad note, I developed a severe headache on Sunday or Monday and a lot of body pain...it kept me awake. Finally I decided to check my temp, and sure enough, the low grade fever is back. I'm not overly concerned because this just keeps happening so it's not anything acute...probabloy more autoimmune related given all the other symptoms that come at the same time.

Ok, gotta get back to work...I do need to find some time to sleep...I'm seriously starting to run out of fuel after so many 18-20 hour work days in the past two weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment