Monday, February 16, 2009

a long story short (???)

HHHHMMMM..........to make a long story short......(don't I always start that way and never end up that way???)

G-PACT is going INCREDIBLY well. WOW. I can't even begin to go there. 19 days until the DDNC. I will get everything done, but it's definitely crunch time and I'm not getting much sleep at all! I love it though...it is so much fun to be helping people and planning a trip to represent such an awesome organization which I am not even biased about...;)

We have new volunteers jumping in left and right, there is passion in this field among patients especially who are so driven to find better answers. It's so way cool to see everyone coming together and fight for this!!!! It is a heavy weight on my shoulders at times knowing that thousands of people are looking to US literally, as the hope for them to get better care. But I love it. I love the responsibility and the love I have for all of these people I have never even met is so incredible!!! I hope to have the brochures and printed materials ready for the printer within a week and a half, preferably sooner to allow print and assembly time, and the website I would like to have up in a week. I think I can do it...I'm getting close as long as Pittsburgh doesn't interfere much at all.

Pray for-
trip to Pittsburgh this week. My mom and I are driving up Wednesday. We will either return home on Thursday of Friday, if all goes well. I STILL have some infection left after being on the max of two weeks of this antibiotic, so I am not sure what else is going on. Pray they can find a better treatment for it. I've had this going on since early November!

Sandostatin to continue to work! It is AMAZING the difference it has made!!!!

Me, for my stress levels as I am working so hard for G-PACT right now. Pray that my health will hold up, I'll get everything accomplished, and that I can still get a lot done from Pittsburgh...and that I won't get stuck there any longer than Wed and Thursday!

Finances to come in for some of the events we are planning

Karis to be able to fight this most recent infection

Thank you, and I will try to keep you posted as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment