Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayer on a day I was struggling

To my God you amaze me. You work in ways I'll never see.
I don't understand what I must endure,
but I know your intentions are pure.
I'm struggling right now with my pain, sometimes I can't see what I gain,
by being so ill, is this truly your will?
It's tough to continue, this path I pursue,
of serving all others, not ...just sisters and brothers.

I know that my fight, is won through your might,
but sometimes I feel, like I got a bad deal.
But I know that you chose me, one who refuses to be,
one to let a bad day, stop the price that I pay,
to ensure through my battle, my faith will not rattle,
to the point of failure, as I seek a cure,
for so many in need, and that blessing and deed,
keeps me fighting to serve, in spite of the curve,
that often leaves me crying, as I feel like I'm trying,
but too sick to keep going, and reaping and sowing.

Please help me today, I ask and I pray,
to continue the work, and without a quirk.
When my life you spared, I knew that you cared,
and use me as a tool, to fight this illness so cruel!

Please give me your strength, in very great length,
and help me to work, in spite of the quirk,
of my gut being bad, make my symptoms a tad! -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment