Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I wish I could be there for you
and hold your hand to get through
And give you the cure
and a future more sure
take away all the pain
no more need for a cane
make you able to eat
and stand on your feet
no more crying or tears
only dreams and eased fears!

I too struggle much!
I long for a touch
sometimes all I need
is a soft word, indeed!
that you have me in mind
when I'm in a real bind
or just that you care
and you wanted to share
if there's nothing to say
let me know that you pray
and that's often enough
to help me stay tough

I want to give you dreams!
and lots of sun beams
help you stick to the fight
and say "it's all right"
But I really don't know
how long this will go
seems there's no end in sight
we're in a tough plight

But one thing I see
is the fight to be free
and to never give in
the desire to win!
So hold your head high
and coninue to try
to dance in the rain
in spite of the pain
hold on to the hope
it will help you cope!

Know I'll be there for you
I feel what you do
I'll help you endure
while we search for the cure
my heart often breaks
all the lives that this takes
but some battles we've won
soon the war will be gone
You just have to believe
soon we'll have a reprieve!

Carissa Haston, 2012
To all my friends who are fighting DTP on a daily basis
And my loved ones and friends who support me through my own battles
I love you all and thank you for being there and not giving up me!

No comments:

Post a Comment