Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dump the dumping!

So, I started on the long acting sandostatin on Monday...let's just say it DIDN'T work! I had some symptoms Monday night and Tuesday night a full blown attack! I called my coordinator and we are going back to the short acting, 3x/day injections. This is a bit discouraging because I bruise so easily and it's just a pain to do it 3x, half an hour before meals, but it works and it's worth it. I don't want to go through that severe dumping attack again!!! I was starting to figure out the balance between side effects, meds, when to take meds to prevent side effects, etc so I know where to restart on the short acting again and should get it under control pretty quickly again. My coordinator is going to ask them to overnight it to me and I hope they can. Fortunately, I still have enough for today!

Still trying to move on the G-PACT site. I've had some setbacks, but still making good progress on that and have some good ideas started for the awareness video too. Lots to do...so little time!

Naptime again, plus I want to take my morning dose of sandostatin...I just can't knock this crazy fatigue from the anemia. My color is much better, but I still feel really sluggish. Of course, that could be in part due to the dumping flare up yesterday, but I have been feeling like this for quite a while. I've spent a lot of time in my bed instead of on the couch which is always a sign that I'm not feeling well...usually I prefer to hang with the Spunk in my den. Seems like he's having a lazy day too today. He just stuck his nose out of his igloo and yawned at me!!! He's such a babe...I need to clean his cage. How can one little pig make such a mess and poop so much??? I guess he doesn't have much else to do besides eat, sleep, and poop...but he's so darn cute...

1 comment:

  1. Hope your meds come and this get back under control for you soon.

    ReplyDelete