Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just another day...another crazy day...

So...I have a question...why is it that when one kid has to go to the bathroom, all of a sudden they all do???

So, we're short handed in the tiger room today at church and in my small group of girls, one said she needed to go to the bathroom. She looked like it was pretty urgent and we were not in a convenient spot in the class for me to take her!! I asked the leader of the other group if she'd keep an eye on my kids for a few, and then they ALL decided they needed to go...so we stopped the class and walked down the hall to the bathroom (which has water that smells like eggs and they of course pointed that out...)...maybe it's in theory with the whole yawning thing...and now writing about this, actually, I think I need to pee too...but I just barely did...

Spunky has been cracking me up lately...he is so funny. You'd think at some point I wouldn't laugh at the things he does over and over and over, but I always do...every little thing just makes me laugh so hard even if I've seen him do it 1,000 times. Yesterday, he discovered himself on my webcam. I was holding him in my lap with my webcam on to record it and he was playing on me and then all of a sudden just stopped...looked at the screen for a few seconds, then ran off of me as fast as he could...lol. Totally freaked him out. I put him back in my lap, and he would just not sit still...he was so freaked by that moving creature in the screen. He's reacted in a similar way to mirrors before, but not quite this dramatically. It was so funny.

So anyway, I never found my last dose of sandostatin...even though I know where I put it. I called on Friday to find out my insurance had rejected for my regular mail-in pharmacy to send it out to me again, but they would allow one of two others to send it to me. So.....being quite irritated they hadn't told me this without me initiating the call AND that it was the last day before the weekend...I had to call a new pharmacy, spend a good 15-20 minutes on the phone with them to give them insurance info...but mostly just listing about 30 meds!!! So, my coordinator jumped right on it and called to have them ship it to me by Saturday so I wouldn't be sick all weekend. Well, Saturday morning I get a call that the lady had authorized for it to be shipped for Saturday, but apparently it got messed up and didn't make it out!!! She asked if it would be ok for Monday...I'm thinking, well, no...but what choice do I have??? It was nice that she at least called to let me know though!! Otherwise I would have waited on Saturday expecting it to come and not know that it would be arriving on Monday. Hopefully she sent it out for an AM delivery. I told her I had been really sick!!

On an encouraging note, I did meet a few people with dumping this weekend. One told me that she too had a very severe case of it. She took her first dose of long acting sando three weeks ago, and it's just now kicking in. She told me that she can eat almost anything now with NO symptoms! So, maybe it will kick in in a couple of weeks and I can go off the short acting for good...but in the meantime I will take the short acting. If I find I am starting to have opposite issues, I will stop taking the short term to see if perhaps the long term has kicked in.

Still having pain with bowel movements. I have another appointment with the derm this week, but am still really wondering if I don't have a rectal fissure because it's just not healing on this really strong med for eczema. They didn't see it in my biopsy in December, but even though I had TOLD them what to look for, they also didn't see the ulcers or eczema which were very obvious to Kareem two weeks later when HE looked. We don't like the GI docs...they never do it right. I'll try to deal with it for three more weeks until I go back to Pittsburgh...what's another three weeks when it's been going on for at least 8-10 now??? The next visit will be a LONG day or two. I will have biopsy at 6:30 AM that day, go to clinic for pre-eval with my coordinator, then go for my DEXA (bone density) scan, go back to clinic to see Kareem, then go back to see the bone doctor about the results and to start my yearly IV infusion of Fosamax. I'm tired thinking about it!

So, the G-PACT stuff is going...well...going sort of...I'm still stuck on publishing my images and it's keeping me from making much progress on the design because I want to make sure my images will publish correctly before I spend more time on design. It's a little frustrating, but I'll figure it out. I'm right on the verge of it...I know what to do, it's just not quite working yet!!

Tomorrow I have to get up in the morning for labs by 9 AM...ugh...then go to HMC at 1 for my Aranesp injection. Then in the evening, I am taking my last newcomers class for LCBC Harrisburg. This will be my fourth attempt!! Something always comes up...I think twice I've ended up in the hospital and once I was just going insane with work (had a G-PACT board meeting overlapping!) and cancelled. Looks like I'll make it this time...even though I am still going insane from work...this time it's work that I can put aside for one evening!

Well, the Spunk just came out of his igloo desperately seeking my attention...I must go...I swear...he is so spoiled. He KNOWS it too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment