Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hangin'

I'm just hangin' while I wait to leave for the Whitaker Center. My pastor, his wife, and some of his closest friends are going out today and I'm going along. It will be nice to get out after this tough week and get my mind on some other things!

I have been pulling my hair out all week with G-PACT web problems and finally my BIL helped me figure out the problem. Now I think I can move on with it, although I have to rebuild a few things I lost in the process. Oh, the frustrations of technology, web programming, and learning new design programs!! It's looking pretty good though I think. I am determined to get it up soon...especially with Julie's death. Tough as it is, people have really rallied and I have had probably 6-8 people ask if they can volunteer or what else they can do. People have become passionate about G-PACT and passing our link and causes around to all friends and family. So, it's crucial that I get CIP info up soon and update the information.

Julies memorial will be on Monday morning. Please keep the family in your prayers.

On Thursday, my doc finally found out that I have a rare infection causing my pain problems for the past 12 weeks or so! He gave me meds and said it SHOULD clear up in a week or two. I'm going to take them for two weeks to make sure since I am immuno-suppressed. I called my transplant doc who added another medication just to make sure we really hit it this time.

It seems like the long acting sandostatin may be kicking in! I only took two doses of the short acting yesterday and am not having any problems. I took some this morning, but will try once a day soon and see if I can get off it completely. If so, I'll plan to try the long acting again because now it's in my system and I shouldn't have to go through a few weeks of problems waiting for it to kick in. Please please pray this is the case! It would be so great to not have to manage my symptoms with the short acting! It still limits my ability to eat because it wears off after a few hours. This wouldn't be the case with the long acting. :)

I have to give Spunky fresh water and a treat before I leave and inevitably when I am ready to walk out the door, it takes me at least another 15 minutes to actually get out the door. Not sure what happens between being completely ready to go and getting to the door...but there is some force that always pulls me back for some reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment