Monday, January 12, 2009

A Presidential Ghost with Funky Hair















Bad hair day? Bad pic?

Nope....normal hair day (and I did no pic editing...)...I'm not picky about my hair...I like the rough, unkempt look...besides, a ride in the Jeep with the top off in the warm weather screws up any efforts to try to have decent hair. That's why I chopped it all off in 2001 right after I bought Blue Lightning in the first place. I even had (or tried to have) it blue at one point, but it came out a ghastly green...then turned yellow, then turned blonde. The blonde was very cool...and my hair was not growing at all at the time so it all stuck around for a good 10 months!! The problem with brown hair is it's so hard to get the perfect color. The rainbow turned out well for my 23rd b-day party though. Wow, that was a long time ago!!!

That is what I look like right now...

That is what I look like most of the time I am on my couch...

Sometime I will post what I look like when I'm blogging from bed...I know you can't wait...

That is the image of the G-PACT president working from the home office of the leading non-profit for GP and pseudo-obstruction worldwide. Impressive accomodations, huh? Comfy at least!! =)

I look a little freakishly ghostly today though...hope no one has called the Ghostbusters on me yet...

Not much new news today. I called my derm and the results of my viral and bacterial cultures aren't back yet. My transplant coordinator also did not have my lab results from this morning, so I don't know what my counts are this week yet. I should hear from both offices tomorrow with results. I've had a headache for three days and it's a lot worse today. I don't know if it's related to a low crit or the general aches and pains I deal with on a regular basis, but I really suspect low crit because I am feeling very sick in general.

I'm hanging in there. Mondays are usually tiring days for me because I get up early to get my labs drawn, then in the afternoon I drive to Hershey to get my injections. It's also the day after church, kidMin, and Life Group so that makes it extra tiring.

Tonight we had a G-PACT board meeting. I'm usually really pumped after meetings and ready to run with the to-do list late into the night, but just don't have the umph for it tonight. I'll get started tomorrow. I'm really pumped about the new website, but also completely overwhelmed by the amount of work I am bringing on myself...typical...it will be massive and very informative, and we are branching beyond just GP and into intestinal pseudo-obstruction since the conditions are so commonly connected. That means I am adding a whole pseudo-obstruction section on top of the GP pages, plus a pediatric site, and a number of other new sections. Thanks to the volunteer(s) helping me research and write! The design work is plenty!

It's really cool to see the progress. Even if at times it seems like it's an endless process trying to break through the motility "glass ceiling" I realize when I look back over the years that we really have made a good deal of progress and the progress gets faster and more productive with time. We are banding together and bringing people together throughout the country, and ultimately, throughout the world. It's really cool to connect with people from Australia, Germany, England, Italy, Spain, Canada, Switzerland, Poland, and other countries throughout the world who are all suffering from the same condition and seeking the same answers. I love being on the forefront of helping to fight this not only in the US, but throughout the world. It helps me deal with the tough times when I know I can use my situation to make a difference in the lives of others and the world of GP and pseudo-obstruction.

There will be more news coming on the G-PACT front. If you live in the DC area and are interested in lobbying at the DDNC (Digestive Diseases National Coalition) on March 8-9, send me an e-mail or message. G-PACT is getting together a small group to speak to senators about some of our initiatives, changes we suggest for the FDA approval process, two bill proposals, and overall awareness of GP and pseudo-obstruction. Top motility physicians will be there and major drug companies interested in motility. It's a great opportunity to really make our voices heard.

Several of us are working on putting together a nice awareness kit which will also be distributed to the media. If you live in NY, NJ, PA, and WY (of all states) we are particularly interested in your story as we are specifically lobbying to very interested senators and physicians in those states.

Well, Spunky is looking for his nighttime snack so I must go...but I will blog my health reports when I receive everything from both doc offices on Tuesday.

Night all....

C

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you do to break that ceiling. I love your hair. It's so fabulously (is that a word) natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl! You are still in my prayers, and the blog has me caught up on what's going on. You go girl! God bless!

    ReplyDelete