Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ok, so I've been staring at this damn computer screen all day and not sure how much I got accomplished, other than a headache. I've been nit-picking on the G-PACT site because when I tried to ftp it to test it on the web, it screwed up my files. Then our home server went down and I had no internet access for a couple hours...tragedy!! I was still able to do some work on the site...but it was all slow today because it was nitpicky stuff. I did get the text written for the home page, and a couple other pages done too. I had to fix some links and banners though. Now I have to figure out what happened to make me mess up my files and figure out an easier, faster way to fix my pages. I don't want to do them one by one, and there's no reason I should have to. Just a little reading on Dreamweaver should help me figure it out. I think I may actually be able to get it launched within two weeks, at least the most crucial portions. I'm excited. It looks really nice. Unfortunately, perhaps the biggest hangup is my writer is in the hospital. I can do all the writing too, but it adds to the workload tremendously and I was looking for a fresh style for the new site. I'll work on the portions I was planning to do anyway, and hopefully she will be able to return to it soon. I am feeling quite overwhelmed...but I can't let it get to me and just take it one page at a time and one project at a time! I am seriously feeling brain fried and will probably take the rest of the evening off just to rest. If not, my mind will bizz all night and I won't be well rested for kidMin and church in the morning, or Life Group in the evening!

As for my health, I started on a new medication yesterday which seems to be helping a little bit I think, although I am still in a good deal of pain and it limits what I eat. I never have an appetite, regardless of whether I "feel" bad or not, but now that I have so much pain after eating it makes my appetite even lower. It's hard to know if I am improving or not because over the past 8 weeks or so I have had improvements and then gotten worse again. A few more days will give me a better idea. I have started making changes to my medicine protocol with meds I am allowed to mess with. I'm figuring out the best times to take new things, how much of some to take, when not to take them, etc. My whole system has changed now since starting the sandostatin, so I have side effects and other issues I have to figure out how to manage now. It seems to be working a little bit so far, but again I just started and a few more days will give me a better idea. Oh, the ups and downs and unknowns!

I have had more energy this week and my color is a lot better,. Hopefully this means the iron infusion is kicking in and my levels are going back up. If I could feel like I did mid-week all the time, I could manage life a lot better. I tend to be more tired on the weekends and at the end of the week. I think this may be due to the fact that I get my Arinesp on Mondays and I am coming down on it. I'm thinking about changing days and getting it on Fridays instead since Sun-Tuesday are my busiest days, and right now I have a tough time getting through Sunday and Monday. I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not. I have this ongoing feeling that my eyes are tired, even if my body isn't. Sometimes I know I can't sleep, but I also can't keep my eyes open. I've had this since transplant and really think it's just related to meds. Basically, I can feel very very very sleepy without actually being tired...if that makes any sense!! I'm still having A LOT of body pain related to the cold, probably. My left leg/knee/ankle hurts really bad. I'm mostly just taking Tylenol and Fentanyl. I just feel like my bones could snap at any moment...there's definitely a lot of bone pain!

I'm enjoying the new computer and it's helping me get SSSSSSOOOOO much accomplished now. It's amazing the difference it has made in my ability to get things done! Once I get the website where it needs to be, I will start working on G-PACT's media/awareness kit. I need to design new brochures, business cards, a fact sheet, and some other things in a nice package. I need to have all of this done by the DDNC in DC on March 8-9, so it's major crunch time!!! Hopefully, my health will hold up enough for me to be able to get it all done. We have several new people interested in volunteering, and that's very encouraging! We get so much more accomplished with each new volunteer that comes along.

So, besides the website I've enjoyed my nights watching ALF...my favorite character. I am almost done with season two!! :( I watch a good deal of Hulu too. I love the classics like Mary Tyler Moore, Mr. Ed, Father Knows Best, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Growing Pains, Dick Van Dyke, The Facts of Life, Andy Griffith, etc....pretty much any of those sitcoms from the 50's-early 90's. I'm not a fan of I Love Lucy though, believe it or not...I'm sorry, but adults really are not THAT stupid or childish...at least I hope not...and why does Ricky always fall for Lucy sneaking in shows, and why does Lucy always keep trying???

I'm fortunately starting to kick the Facebook addiction. Yeah, I'm still on several times a day, but don't spend hours on end on it doing stuff. It really has become more of a reach out avenue for me than a social thing. It's both, but now I find myself doing more G-PACT related stuff and promotion than playing. It's been an awesome way to meet people all over the world with GP and help them out. I get a lot of messages from people with questions who have no other connections. Most of my friend requests are now coming from people who have GP and need to connect with someone. The groups are growing, and our cause has over 600 people in it too!

Well, I just took my meds and smell the burgers cooking...Saturday night is always burger night around here. It has been my entire life! There's no surprise! Time to go chow down...YUMMY! Spunky likes burger night too because I manage to sneak some lettuce to him...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment