Monday, January 19, 2009

The Saga Continues

I started the monthly Sandostatin today. I have had a little dumping tonight after dinner, but not much. My hope is that it is just taking a little bit of time to fully kick in since I didn't get one big dose at once right before dinner. Please pray that it will be as effective in the end.

I lost another transplant friend the other day, the 15th of January. I have started to lose count at this point. So many I have been very, very close to, some I have know from occasional conversations, but regardless we are all connected and like family. Kelly is one I was close to as she was my roommate during my second, three week, admission to UPitt in January 2005. We spoke frequently in clinic and she and her mom have followed me and my story for years. We were both in the hospital at the same time Christmas 2005 and I remember she dropped by and visited me before heading home. I just saw her a few months ago in 7W and we got a chance to catch up. She passed away of liver failure and anemia. Please keep her family in your prayers. She has two children.

I have started progress on G-PACT's awareness video by meeting with my brother in law who will probably be producing it. He had some great ideas and got my mind rolling in the right direction. Please pray that we can make something really powerful to share our stories and need for awareness within the next few weeks. Also, pray for me to have the strength and energy to have a powerful launch to our new website and complete all the design work needed for our media awareness kit.

I am so thankful to the many people who are jumping on board to help with G-PACT and getting involved in other ways. It's encouraging to see the growth and know that we are having such an impact. This helps me get through the tough days and pushes me to keep fighting when often the cause seems impossible, overwhelming, or too emotionally challenging.

No funny puns tonight. I'm really tired...maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment